Gutters are one of the most important safeguards against water damage to a home. If not controlled and redirected by a properly installed and maintained gutter system, water will wreak havoc on everything from the fascia board to the foundation. No matter the age of your home, a free-flowing gutter system offers protection for many areas.
- Basement and foundation. Water that is not directed away from a home leads to serious problems such as basement flooding, ruined walls, and mold and mildew growth. Once water finds the weak spot in a foundation, the pressure can cause a foundation wall to buckle and crack.
- Siding. Clogged or improperly installed gutters can allow water to run over siding, causing rot behind the panels and stains and mold growth on them.
- Landscaping. Water from overflowing gutters erodes the surrounding landscape, ruining flowers, shrubs and trees and allowing topsoil to be washed away.
- Concrete and masonry. As water flows over concrete, it begins dissolving the minerals within it and eventually causes cracks. Settling and cracking of sidewalks, patios and driveways, and water staining on brick and stone masonry, can all be prevented with a quality gutter system.
- Insects. Standing water in clogged gutters is the perfect environment for mosquitoes and other insect populations to flourish. Keep insects at bay with free-flowing gutters.
- Soffit and fascia. Wood fascia and soffits which become saturated by overflowing gutters can quickly rot, putting the rest of the roof at risk.
- Windows and doors. Water that spills over the gutter edge may drip onto window frames and doors. Eventually this water contact will cause these features to rot, warp and weaken.
Enhanced Protection for Your Home
A well-designed gutter system is the first line of defense against water damage to your home. By channeling water off the roof and away from the structure, gutters protect every component. At GutterShutter, keeping your home’s gutters and downspouts clean and clear is our goal. We’re happy to provide years of worry-free protection for your home. To find a GutterShutter dealer near you, call 877-677-4888 today!